If you have ever been involved in the publication of a book, then you know that while there may be a clear beginning–that moment when the inspiration found you or you actually sat down and started typing–there is no real end. Once through the various phases of gestation and birth (editing, re-editing, layout, proofreading, indexing, more proofing, printing, distributing, and then, oh yes, marketing) there is only ever more that could be done to spread the word and share the book with as many readers as possible. In more ways than one, a book is the gift that keeps on giving–at every stage, it gives you plenty to do!
It always helps us keep looking forward to what’s next if we take the time to look back. Considering the books we published in 2021 reminds us of all the talented people, exceptional information, and amazing stories we’ve had in our lives the past 12 months. And it gets us excited to do what we do for another year!
In 2021 we:
- Reconsidered Dr. Gerd Heuschmann’s messages about horse sport and horse health in BALANCING ACT
- Grew our confidence with the help of performance coach John Haim in RIDE BIG
- Learned to apply Pilates principles to equine conditioning in Laura Reiman’s PILATES FOR HORSES
- Let pro grooms Cat Hill and Emma Ford show us how it’s done in WORLD-CLASS BRAIDING–MANES & TAILS
- Immersed ourselves in the fascinating history of eventing in the US in Jim Wofford’s STILL HORSE CRAZY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS
- Learned how to live our best horse life with Coach Daniel Stewart in his beautiful and inspiring BOLDER, BRAVER, BRIGHTER
- Questioned the rules of natural horsemanship and what might come next in FROM THE HORSE’S POINT OF VIEW by Andrea Kutsch
- Traveled across the United States on the back of a green Tennessee Walking Horse in Jesse McNeil’s ON THE HOOF
- Left everything we knew behind to learn how to be a horseman Out West with Chris Lombard in LAND OF THE HORSES
- Applied lessons learned in Robert Dover’s THE GATES TO BRILLIANCE to our own lives, in and out of the saddle
- Laughed ourselves silly with Morgane Schmidt’s insanely fun LIFE WITH HORSES IS NEVER ORDERLY
All in all, not a bad year…
We hope you get a chance to enjoy what our amazing authors had to share in 2021…everything we publish changes us a little bit for the better. It can do the same for you.
Happy New Year!
–The TSB Staff
Trafalgar Square Books, the leading publisher of equestrian books and videos, is a small business based on a farm in rural Vermont.