- A letter of introduction explaining your experience and qualifications for writing on your subject and why you feel your book will be a valuable contribution to equestrian literature.
- An indication of who you see as an audience for your book.
- An outline or a detailed table of contents.
- One to three sample chapters so we can assess your style and writing ability. (If you have a complete manuscript and would like to send it, that is fine, too.)
- A general idea of how the book will be illustrated—a rough estimate of the number of photos, line drawings, charts, etc. Please include sample art if available.
- A general idea of how you plan to promote yourself and your book once it is published—teaching, speaking, or clinic schedules; strength or presence in the online and social media spheres; trade show and exposition appearances; and anything else that gives us an idea of how we will be able to market your book to the public.
- A note indicating whether the material is under multiple submission. (Please note: It is a general publishing courtesy to only submit a book proposal to one publisher at a time.)
Send materials to the attention of Managing Editor Rebecca Didier at email@example.com or via hard copy:
Trafalgar Square Books
Box 257, Howe Hill Road
N. Pomfret, VT 05053
Please include your email contact and we will confirm receipt of your submission. Allow six to eight weeks following receipt confirmation to receive a reply regarding our interest. We do our best to reply to proposals quickly, but please be aware we receive hundreds of submissions each year and the process can take time. If sending hard copy, please include postage and packing materials for any items you may want returned.