Cross-Country with Jim Wofford
Couldn't load pickup availability
From his monthly Practical Horseman column, since 2006 a must-read for thousands of fans, international eventer and coach Jim Wofford has compiled this close-up of the training principles that put first him—and then his students—on the Olympic podium. If you're an amateur just getting into the sport, Jim's insights (often enhanced by his trademark irreverent humor) will also give you the tools to do it right.
With input from Jim, aided by instructional photos and diagrams, get ready to:
- Choose the horse and equipment you need to enjoy eventing from the beginning
- Put yourself and your horse on a program that gets you both fit enough to enjoy the sport
- Get out of the ring for safe cross-country schooling over natural obstacles
- Develop the most effective position for each phase of eventing
- Gallop (that's right, gallop!) and jump safely at speed
- Train confidently at home on your own
- Condition correctly to compete in a Classic-format event
Even if eventing is not your discipline, you won't want to miss out on this book and its bonus DVD!
Author: Jim Wofford
Page Count: 120