Couldn't load pickup availability
Fundamentals from the world's “long-reining maestro.”
If long-reining (long-lining) is an essential building block in a horse's training, this book is the essential building block in every horse person's education. Readers are primed in classically correct long-reining basics by renowned German trainer Wilfried Gehrmann, giving them a safe and solid launch point for the development of a sport horse in a variety of disciplines. General guidelines are given for:
- Preparing the horse for work in long-reins and the related equipment.
- Handling the reins and whip.
- Positioning of the handler's bodyboth when moving with the horse and when asking the horse to move in longe circles and other figures.
- Development of lateral work.
- Long-reining over ground poles and jumps.
- Starting the driving horse.
- Working the vaulting horse.
- Acquiring the skills needed for advanced movements in-hand and under saddle, such as piaffe and passage.
Author: Wilfried Gehrmann
Page Count: 140
By Wilfried Gehrmann