Relaxation Exercises for Horses
Couldn't load pickup availability
A clearly illustrated guide to the best exercises for suppling the horse's body and relaxing the horse's mind.
The goal of a relaxed and willing horse crosses disciplines. Whether striving toward competitive goals in the show ring, working long hours on the ranch, or simply enjoying a leisurely trail ride, a horse that is supple in body, relaxed in mind, and light in the hand will be better able to perform, and stay sound and healthy while doing it.
The exercises in these pages are a classically correct and horse-friendly starting point to building a routine you can rely on to prepare your horse in the best way possible for training or performance, or to cool him down afterward. The author has organized them in three categories:
- Exercises to relax and supple the horse from back to front (longitudinally).
- Exercises to relax and supple the horse from the circle and other arena tracks and figures.
- Exercises to relax and supple the horse from side to side (laterally).
Addressing both general training targets and specific issues, the relaxation exercises include:
- A summary of their benefits.
- Explanations of what they are not likely to accomplish (their limitations).
- Prerequisites that ensure the exercise is done safely and correctly.
- Instructions on how to begin and complete it.
- Troubleshooting-an idea of where things are likely to go wrong with either the rider or the horse.
With lovely photographs for inspiration, and explanatory illustrations and diagrams to help instruct readers in the practical application of each lesson, this is a fundamental book for all riders who desire a healthy, happy equine partner who can perform his very best with ease and comfort.
Author: Guillaume Henry
Page Count: 96
By Guillaume Henry